For a long time coming, I had tried and failed repeatedly to achieve certain goals I set for myself. New year's day were my most inspired day to start again. I somehow assumed that it would be better than the last one. When that failed, and it always did, I waited for my birthday which also happens to be in the month of January. When that failed again, I'd look out for the first day in the month, or significant celebratory days like Easter, Christmas and so on. But round and round I went, achieving nothing but frustration. First I thought the problem was with my will power. "if only my resolve could be stronger" I would say to myself. But the stronger my will, the harder I fell, the more depressed it made me. "People were doing it, why couldn't I" I would think to myself again. I asked myself many troubling questions 🙋🏾 were other people better than I was? 🙋🏾 was I destined to fail? 🙋🏾 am I simply just too la...
For some time now, I had been studying the life cycle of a butterfly 🦋. It is one of those things that remind me of the awesome simplicity, though complex, and breathtaking dynamics of nature. It is beyond me how a God so ginormous could design and create something so fragile. It always blows my mind. Anyways, I was studying the life cycle and the many phases, four precisely, the butterfly has to go through and it reminded me of me, you and humans at large. The four stages of the evolution of this fragilely awesome creation are: Egg Larva Pupa. Butterfly 🦋 How it goes through this process is no doubt amazing, but what is most striking is what it has to go through to become what it has been created to be. I have often heard two things which I'll be hinging this write up on. ➡ Firstly, "Expectation shows up in behavior" (Les Brown) ➡ Secondly, "The reason why most people won’t get to where they ought to is because they are too attached to...
In the course of my little but full lifetime, I have failed at so many things. On a regular day, this shouldn't be something I should be able to whisper let alone talk about. (at least that is what society says) but since we're all about #NoOrdinaryConversations, what the heck. I'll blab away... 😊 They say you're only able to connect the dots in retrospect, and looking back at the few, but many years I've spent on planet earth, my dots are quite many. You see, right from when I could remember, I had always wanted to try my hands at a gazillion things. If I wasn't drawing a dress, I was writing some story or article (like what you're currently reading), publishing a magazine or like my recent stunt, attending culinary school. My first 'failure' occurred while I was yet in the university. I had successfully published my first 'dream' magazine, but was unable to continue because I was unable to sell the entirety of the fi...
Comments
Post a Comment